[sylpheed:35166] Re: unread icon color

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 12 05:44:43 JST 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:35:00 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> From my experience, if you are using a POP server, red is email that
> has been added to the mail box at the last time mail was checked and
> there was new mail (the mail box could have been checked for mail
> since the mail with red icons was received, but there was no new
> email for that mail box).
>
> Blue mail is mail that had a red icon before the last batch of new
> mail was delivered to that mail box. Its icon was changed from red to
> blue and the latest new email got the red icon(s).
>
> I hope that makes sense.

Not to my viewing and I'm not sure why (3.2.0 b6/Win32/POP).  I only
see bolded red for folders with new messages and bolded black for
folders and emails that haven't been read or have been manually marked
as unread.  There is a color label setting under Common Prefs
(Display), but that seems to be for functional labeling after opening.

Gene