[sylpheed:35358] [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.2 released
hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Jun 29 14:13:14 JST 2012
The new stable version Sylpheed 3.2 has been released.
In this release, the interface for attachments was refined.
Other usability improvements were also made.
Windows version now supports IPv6 protocol again.
SylFilter is supported as the default junk mail filter.
Many other improvements and bugfixes have been also made.
Changes since Sylpheed 3.1.4
* Each attachments on the message view now have graphical label
and popup menu.
* The UI for Attachments tab was changed to save the space. Users
now also can do 'Save all' without switching the view.
* The 'show_attach_tab' option (without UI), which reverts the
attachments interface to the old one, was added.
* Multiple keywords search of the quick search was implemented.
* The context menu of the folder view and the summary view can be
popped up using Menu key or Shift+F10.
* Win32: IPv6 support was enabled again.
* Win32: SylFilter is now also included in the installer. The
default junk commands were also changed to sylfilter.
* Win32: an option to play sound when new messages arrive was
* Win32: The file selector now follows Windows shortcut (.lnk).
* Number of maximum characters per line of configuration files
* Compose window will not be closed if saving of message to
* Sender's e-mail address became not guessable from generated
* New plug-in APIs were added.
* 'Account Preferences - Advanced - Put deleted messages in'
account setting actually works now.
* MIME debug output was modified.
* Both filtered and original numbers of messages are displayed on
the status label now.
* The POP3 remote mailbox now supports SOCKS proxy.
* The POP3 remote mailbox now retrieves headers from the newer
messages (useful for slow connection).
* The POP3 remote mailbox can now reload message headers after
the loading is stopped.
* News (NNTP) now supports SOCKS proxy.
* The details of new message counts are displayed on the tooltip
of the tray icon.
* Address auto-completion now also matches to the subsequent part
of the name of contacts.
* On file selection dialog, the last selected folders are
preserved between sessions now.
* DNS lookup error is now distinguished from other connection
* The clip icon was replaced with more visible one on selected
* The performance of reading cache files was improved by using
memory mapped file (requires GTK+ >= 2.8).
* Win32: the launch of Windows installer became faster.
* Sylfilter command was added as a preset of junk filter program.
* The blinking period of the tray icon was extended to 10 seconds.
* 'Is shorter than' became the default for 'Age' filter condition.
* The Japanse manual was updated, and the encoding of Japanese
manual was changed to UTF-8 to prevent display failure on some
* Queue control headers are removed when moving messages from
queue folders to trash.
* Duplicated keyboard accelerators on some dialogs were fixed.
* The focus on quick search entry is not stolen by the refresh of
* The HTML parser was modified.
* The check of IMAP AUTHENTICATE response was fixed.
* The compilation failure with GLib 2.32 or later was fixed.
* The bug that a MIME part that didn't have its name could not be
saved was fixed.
* Address autocomplete drop-down list with newer version of GTK+
was fixed (#52).
* Line-space for auto-wrapped lines now reflects the line-space
* Some minor fixes for IMAP were made.
* Some memory leaks were fixed.
* Other bugfixes were made.
* Some compiler warnings were removed.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8x. (0.9.8w in Sylpheed 3.1.4
is also not vulnerable)
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Sylpheed