[sylpheed:35340] Re: 3.2 RC Win32 - What happened to received attachments in Message View?

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 27 23:26:41 JST 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:21:42 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> This was discussed last week. I mentioned it yesterday.
>
> Get 3.2.0rc and add the line
> 	show_attach_tab=1
> to the bottom of the sylpheedrc file.
> That will set it like what it used to be.

Thanks, Craig, for the fix, but checking the archives the tab issue was
not addressed directly (and posts like yours that mention Linux I tend
to ignore being a Windows users).  I don't mean this harshly, but to say
the following:

Hiro - this is the kind of major change to the interface that I think
needs to be introduced earlier in the beta process, rather than dropped
into the last beta on a tight release time schedule.  Users with
different OS's should have some time to test it, as well as comment
about whether they like the UI or not. Right now, the change doesn't
work properly with all attachments (Windows), as Christian pointed out,
and I and some others prefer the attachments tab or something similar
directly in front of our eyes that serves the same purpose.  I'd
suggest the new UI be withdrawn and looked at again with the next
version.

Gene