[sylpheed:35336] Re: Sylpheed 3.2beta9 (and RC) / Win32

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 27 04:59:27 JST 2012

I just saw it again, immediately in a new computer session after
opening Sylpheed and the auto Get All on start up.  I clicked Reply on
the only new (marked) message in the Inbox and the Compose box never
made it to the foreground, or if it did it was so quick that I couldn't
tell. The only other thing I can think of is mouse gestures, since
mouse in hand moving from Reply button down toward the Compose box is
the only other thing common to these occurrences.  However, I don't use
gestures and, if I've got it right, this happens only on the first
Reply of a session. Maybe it's just some weirdness here, but I have to
wonder if there's something about Sylpheed - or at least some builds of
3.2 Win32 - that's causing it.

Gene

There's something that's returned with beta9 that I hadn't for two or
three betas.  When I open a compose directly window or via Reply,
either before I can get my hands to the keyboard or just as I tap
something, the compose window disappears behind the main app window.
Why it's changing focus like that I don't know.  Anyone else seen
that? Like I say, I had seen it with earlier 3.2 betas, then not much
if at all, but with beta9 it's happening a lot.  Especially after
opening on first compose or reply.  Win 7x64.

Gene