[sylpheed:35082] Re: HELP! I need to use IMAP!

McCluskey, Craig W craigm at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 20 09:36:50 JST 2012

> On the Account preferences window, I now have an SSL tab between the Compose
> and Proxy tabs. It gives me the choices of,
>
> - Don't use SSL
> - Use SSL for IMAP4 connection
> - Use STARTTLS command to start SSL session
>
> It also has a checkbox to "Use non-blocking SSL" at the bottom.
>
> So far, nothing has worked.
>

> Craig

I did some more investigating. I used Wireshark to look at the packets my computer
was sending and found that packets are output only immediately after setting up a
new email account. In that case, information is logged into sylpheed.log:

[17:19:45] * message: creating IMAP4 connection to mymail.lanl.gov:993 ...
[17:19:59] * message: SSL certificate of mymail.lanl.gov previously accepted
[17:19:59] IMAP4< * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
[17:19:59] IMAP4> 1 CAPABILITY
[17:19:59] IMAP4< * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
[17:19:59] IMAP4< 1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
[17:19:59] IMAP4> 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
[17:19:59] IMAP4< +
[17:19:59] IMAP4> 3 LOGOUT
[17:19:59] IMAP4< 2 NO AUTHENTICATE failed.
[17:19:59] ** LibSylph-WARNING: [17:19:59] Could not establish IMAP connection.

[17:19:59] ** warning: Could not establish IMAP connection.

However, if I click the "Get Mail" button NO packets are sent and NOTHING is
logged in the log file. In any event none of the 50+ emails Outlook Web App shows
I have in Exchange's Inbox are downloaded.

If I bring up the Account preferences and change settings and click "OK" and then
click the "Get Mail" button NO packets are sent and NOTHING is logged in the
log file.

This seems wrong. Why isn't a login on the Exchange server attempted again?

Craig