[sylpheed:35030] Re: Snarl and Sylpheed for Windows: which command to execute when new messages arrived? Need advice.

pn361529 at yahoo.com pn361529 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 16:12:04 JST 2012

Hello,

> HAYASHI Kentaro <kenhys at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I implemented tiny experimental plugin - sylnotify.

wow, you just did that because of this thread or were you developing it
for yourself already? ;D

Thank you very much either way :)!

> I do not know what you want in detail, and can not ensure this one
> work well, but it may make sense as sample for you.
>
> https://github.com/kenhys/sylpheed-notify/downloads

Your README there
https://github.com/kenhys/sylpheed-notify/blob/master/README
says:

"This plugin is not stable and generate notification when you receive
new mail.
So, you received 100 mail, then sylnotify generate 100 growl
notification!"

Does that mean, that if Sylpheed does 1 poll for new messages and there
are 100 new messages within that poll, that there will be 100
notifications?

Or does that mean, that for 100 polls, there will be 100 notifications
(if with every poll there were new messages)?

> it use Growl for windows and growlnotify instead of Snarl.

Your README also mentions:

"* support Snarl(SNP/GNTP/HeySnarl)
 * support Growl(GNTP)"

under "TODO".

Is that something that will be implemented soon or will that take
longer?

And again, thank you very much :).