[sylpheed:35105] Re: problems clicking on links since firefox upgrade?

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Wed Feb 8 04:01:31 JST 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:52:30 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> put fingers to keyboard and said:

>On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:16:08 -0500
>Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:
>
>> Ever since firefox 10 forced itself on me, when I click on a link in
>> an email "nothing" happens.  64 bit Windows 7.
>> Any ideas?
>
>A different aspect of this problem happened to me recently with
>Opera and Win 7/64.  The way I solved it was to go in Control Panel >
>Default Programs > Set your default programs, choose the browser and
>reset it as default.  I would think that should solve it for you.
>
>Btw, have you figured out how to get email links in the browser to open
>a Sylpheed compose window?  That's been a Win 7 bug with Sylpheed.
>
>Gene

Turned out that it wasn't just Sylpheed that didn't honor links, so I
posted a note on the FF userboards and someone suggested making IE my
default browser, and then making FF my default browser again (as he
said "Sometimes Windows needs a kick to let it know who's in charge.")

That worked...

I'm happy again (well I *still* haven't won the lottery, so not as
happy as I could be :-)