[sylpheed:35499] IMAP problems

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 19 10:23:56 JST 2012

I am having problems with only one of my IMAP connections in Sylpheed
3.3.0

Several times a session Sylpheed has trouble connecting to a mailbox I
have on on own domain...even though I have gone through all the setup
suggestions several time.

This is an extract from the log tonight...

[19:55:47] IMAP4> 31 NOOP
** LibSylph-WARNING: Socket IO timeout

** LibSylph-WARNING: [19:56:47] IMAP4 connection to mail.mccormicks.ca
has been disconnected. Reconnecting...

** IMAP4 connection to mail.mccormicks.ca has been disconnected.
Reconnecting...
* LibSylph-Message: creating IMAP4 connection to
mail.mccormicks.ca:143 ...

* creating IMAP4 connection to mail.mccormicks.ca:143 ...
[19:56:47] IMAP4< * OK

IMAP4rev1 server ready at 12/18/12 18:56:22

During this time...the whole folder tree is greyed out for the full
minute of more.

Is this a Sylpheed problem or my hosts IMAP problem??

I also ran Thunderbird until recently...and it never exhibited this
behavior.

--

Frank McCormick <fmccormick at videotron.ca>