[sylpheed:35495] Attach dialogue box is not seeing \Users\AppData folders in Windows 8

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 9 09:52:10 JST 2012

Just installed Window 8x64, then Sylpheed 3.3.0 and started to compose
an email.  In trying to attach a file to it, I'm finding that the
Attach dialogue box does not show any of the application folders under
my user name.  In the screenshot, compare what the dialogue box shows
(right) with what the file manager shows (left).  At first, I thought
it might be because I had copied over the entire Sylpheed folder from
Windows 7 in AppData > Roaming to the new install and maybe there was a
conflict. But after uninstalling, clearing the registry and rebooting,
a new clean install is the same way.  Has anyone else seen this or have
a solution, or is this a bug?

Screenshot: http://i50.tinypic.com/2jfx1k0.jpg

Thanks,
Gene