[sylpheed:34803] Re: [ANNOUNCE] SylFilter 0.2

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Sep 14 11:09:09 JST 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:26:39 +0200
"Reinhard Irmer" <reinhard.irmer at kabelmail.de> wrote:

> you wrote on Tue, 13.Sep.2011 (10:56:27):
>
> [...]
> > A Windows binary is also downloadable.
> >
> >   sylfilter-qdbm.exe   : statically linked with qdbm
> >   sylfilter-sqlite.exe : dynamically linked with SQLite
> >                          (libsqlite3-0.dll) The QDBM version is a bit
> > faster than the SQLite version.
> >
> > When using with Sylpheed, put either of the above exe into the
> > Sylpheed folder and rename it to sylfilter.exe. SQLite version also
> > requires libsqlite3- 0.dll.
> >
> > On 'Common preferences... - Junk mail - Learning command:', manually
> > set each command as following:
> >
> >     Junk : sylfilter -j
> >     Not Junk : sylfilter -c
> >     Classifying command : sylfilter
>
> After download I unzipped the file to ..\sylpheed... and made the
> preferences as you wrote (look attach), but the mailpull said "failure" (no
> filter found). Looking to dir, no sylfilter.exe was found. I tried
> sylfilter-sqlite and sylfilter-qdbm in the preferences, but no filtering was
> done (the same failurewindow).
>
> Whats to do, to make sylfilter run on my win-xp-machine?

You have to match the name of sylfilter exe file and the entered
command name (sylfilter.exe for the above example).

Then, you have to learn both junk and non-junk messages to some extent
to make the filtering work.

To see the detail of failure, run sylpheed with debug mode.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>