[sylpheed:34777] Re: [ANNOUNCE] A new spam filter tool

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Sep 7 17:37:44 JST 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:34:34 +0200
Jan Stępień <jan at stepien.cc> wrote:

> Congratulations on the first release and thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

> I've skimmed the website and I'm wondering what are the advantages of
> this tool in comparison to existing solutions, e.g. those you've
> mentioned. For instance, what would be the benefits of using sylfilter
> in the light of availability of mature solutions such as bogofilter?
> Could you please elaborate on that?

I wanted a spam filter that natively supports both Unix and Windows.
Bogofilter requires Cygwin to build on Windows, and bsfilter is
implemented by Ruby language.

This spam filter is more than a bayesian filter. It can combine any
type of filters via its APIs. For example, a whiltelist and a blacklist
filter may be added in the future.

This filter is also provided as a library, so it can be integrated into
applications completely. It also improves performance because it does
not require process execution.

Its accuracy and performance seems not as good as bogofilter yet, but I
want to solve it in the future.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>