[sylpheed:34771] Re: [ANNOUNCE] A new spam filter tool

Jan Stępień jan at stepien.cc
Tue Sep 6 16:34:34 JST 2011

W dniu 05.09.2011 11:04, Hiroyuki Yamamoto pisze:
> I have created a spam filter tool, and it is becoming usable for
> practical use. So I put it to the following location:
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylfilter/
>
> SylFilter (tentative name) consists of C library and command-line tool.
> You can use it as a command, or incorporate it into a program.
>
> In Sylpheed, you can replace bogofilter or bsfilter with this program.
>
> Refer to README included in the tarball for building.
> SylFilter requires GLib, and QDBM or SQLite3.
>
> Windows binary will be available when it becomes ready.

Congratulations on the first release and thanks for sharing!

I've skimmed the website and I'm wondering what are the advantages of
this tool in comparison to existing solutions, e.g. those you've
mentioned. For instance, what would be the benefits of using sylfilter
in the light of availability of mature solutions such as bogofilter?
Could you please elaborate on that?

All the best,
--
Jan Stępień <jan at stepien.cc>