[sylpheed:34878] Re: Can't mark as unread after reply

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Mon Nov 7 10:18:56 JST 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 22:08:10 +0100
uhel at gmx.net wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:09:55 +0100
> Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 20:41:48 +0100
> > uhel at gmx.net wrote:

> > > Indeed, thats easily repeatable.
> > > Seems something is wrong with this column...
> >
> >   There's nothing wrong on that column. Your assumption that the
> > Status column is a sum of tags about things happened to the message
> > is wrong.
> >

> I don't assume the sum of tags. I assume that tags are remembered and
> the behaviour is tag independend.

  I guess it wasn't clear enough: there is no tags, it's a status.
  The status is remembered: the last status set is the one to remember.

> What do you think should be the outcome of the following two
> testcases?
>
> Case 1:
> 1. a new message is received
> 	-> new message icon in status column is visable
> 2. double klick the message, close the opened window
> 	-> no icon in the status column
> 3. reply to that message
> 	-> reply icon in status column is visable
> 4. use the dropdown menu to mark as unread
> 	-> reply icon in status column is invisable
> 	-> new message icon in status column is visable
> 5. use the dropdown menu to mark as read
>
> Should the reply icon be visable?

  No, you manually set the status to read.

  After step 7 I understand it should be marked as replied not as
  unread, seems it's appearing a bit late here. Anyway, to answer your
  question, I think no, it shouldn't be possible to mark a replied
  message as unread just by clicking the status column icon. It would
  make very easy to lost reply status without noticing, and reply
  status is important.

  regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones