[sylpheed:34877] Re: Can't mark as unread after reply

uhel at gmx.net uhel at gmx.net
Mon Nov 7 06:08:10 JST 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:09:55 +0100
Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 20:41:48 +0100
> uhel at gmx.net wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:24:14 +0100
> > sopra-it at gmx.net wrote:
> >

> > > I have a related issue: Marking a message as "unread", which had a
> > > "replied" tag before, removes the "replied" tag.
> > > I think this should not happen and I would consider it as a bug.
> > >
> > Indeed, thats easily repeatable.
> > Seems something is wrong with this column...
>
>   There's nothing wrong on that column. Your assumption that the Status
>   column is a sum of tags about things happened to the message is wrong.

I don't assume the sum of tags. I assume that tags are remembered and
the behaviour is tag independend.

What do you think should be the outcome of the following two testcases?

Case 1:
1. a new message is received
	-> new message icon in status column is visable
2. double klick the message, close the opened window
	-> no icon in the status column
3. reply to that message
	-> reply icon in status column is visable
4. use the dropdown menu to mark as unread
	-> reply icon in status column is invisable
	-> new message icon in status column is visable
5. use the dropdown menu to mark as read

Should the reply icon be visable?

Case 2:
use the previous message with no icon in the status column
6. left klick into the status column
	-> message is marked as unread
7. reply to that message
	-> message is marked as unread
8. left klick into the status column
	-> message is marked as read
	-> reply icon in status column is visable
9. left klick into the status column with the reply icon visible

Should it be possible to mark the message as unread as in step 6?

--
regards
uhel