[sylpheed:34580] Re: Minimal working plug-in in FreePascal

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:33:23 JST 2011

Hiroyuki Yamamoto,

I wrote:

> If   you   think  the problem is with the compiler, let me
> know and I'll consult the FPC developers.

Jonas Maeve of FPC suggested:

    One likely potential cause is the fact that released
    FPC  versions  enable all floating point exceptions.
    Since libc does not do that,  many  C  programs  and
    frameworks  contain  invalid  floating  point opera-
    tions.

and has turned to be correct.

When I enabled the masking of floating point exceptions,  my
Pascal plugin started to work correctly.

I have Visual Studio at work, so I tried my plugin there and
Visual Studio indeed intercepted a floating-point  "division
by zero" exception.

Anton