[sylpheed:34565] Re: [ANN] Sylpheed 3.1.1 released

Ingo Strauch brack at the-one-brack.org
Sat May 14 20:47:43 JST 2011

Hi Onur!

On Thu, 12 May 2011 15:09:27 +0300
Onur Küçük <onur at delipenguen.net> wrote:

>  Is it possible to revert this change ? I know it is to prevent
> accidental sending but this shortcut is used for a long time so people
> are used it. Also this shortcut is used in many applications I use to
> send message (IM's for example) so I believe the behaviour is common
> too.
>
>  If anyone needs the change asap, patch to revert the change is attached

You don't need to patch the sources. It's possible to change the
accelerator keys in a config file. On linux:

$ grep Send ~/.sylpheed-2.0/menurc
; (gtk_accel_path "<MailFolder>/Send queued messages" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Compose>/File/Send later" "<Shift><Control>s")
(gtk_accel_path "<Compose>/File/Send" "<Control>Return")
; (gtk_accel_path "<IMAPFolder>/Send queued messages" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Main>/Message/Send queued messages" "")

Edit the file while sylpheed is not running. Or if you have enabled
that you can change accel keys on the fly, just mark the menu entry in
sylpheed with the mouse and then press the key combination you want to
assign. That needs to be enabled first:

$ grep accel ~/.gtkrc-2.0
gtk-can-change-accels = 1

Hope that helps,
Ingo

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."