[sylpheed:34615] Re: Protcol Log doesn't show any output when trying to connect

Rich Coe rcoe at wi.rr.com
Fri Jun 17 03:13:00 JST 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:12:46 -0500
Bill Priest <priestwilliaml at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>    I'm a long time sylpheed user (at home); now I'm trying to get it going
> at work (w/ MS Exchange).  I menu and open the Protocol Log window and then
> hit Get/Get All and I don't see any output at all in the Protocol Log.  I've
> confirmed that I can ping the server so I believe that is correct. Some
> message flashes across the bottom of the mail sylpheed window; but it is so
> fast I can't read it (looks like it is accessing the mailbox).
>    Is there any other debug that I can turn on to help debug what is going
> on?  I've also changed all different kinds of security/SSL.  I tried going
> back to 3.1.0rc and it did the same thing.
>
> Bill

It depends if you MSX server is configured for pop-3 and/or imap or not.
The sysadmin for your Exchange server would have had to set it up to allow it.
Additionally, they would have also had to set it up to allow smtp for inbound
mail, AND they probably don't allow for relaying email without NTLP
authenication.

Does your MSX server offer webmail access ?  If it does, you can use the
davmail program.  It fetches/sends email via the webpage and it interfaces
nicely with sylpheed.

Rich
Rich Coe     rcoe at wi.rr.com