[sylpheed:34614] Re: New beahviour with unread messages in 3.1.1

uhel at gmx.net uhel at gmx.net
Fri Jun 17 03:12:39 JST 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:38:53 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:50:41 +0200
> Frantz de Germain <Frantz.de-Germain at info.univ-angers.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently upgraded to the 3.1.1 version (Ubuntu).
> >
> > I've noticed some new behaviours with unread messages :
> >
> > - before upgrade, when I clicked on an unread message to move it to
> > another folder, it was keeping its unread mark. Now, the messages I
> > move are automatically unmarked (as read), though I move them in
> > other folders to read them later.
>
> I use the Win32 version, but I suspect the answer is the same across
> platforms.  Sylpheed used to mark messages as read once they were
> clicked on.  Then with one of the late v2 or early v3 betas or
> releases, it switched so that they remained bold even after being
> clicked on.  I don't know if that was intentional on Hiro's part, but
> that behavior is not normal or very practical (having to click twice to
> unmark), and a number of us asked for it to be changed back.  It was,
> and that's why it looks new to you.  The way to mark messages unread
> (bold), at least in Windows, is to use Shift-1. The way to move them as
> unread is to hold the Shift key, then click on the email and drag and
> drop it where desired (holding Cntl instead Shift leaves one copy in
> each place).
>
> Gene

I use v3.1.1 Bild 1118 on WinXP. When I click on a message it remains
marked as unread. When I use the drop down menu to move a message it
remains marked as unread.
I like the behaviour that way. It is practical to me because not every
message I skim over shortly needs to be marked as unread afterwards. I
can mark as read what I've read completly.

regards
uhe
--
 <uhel at gmx.net>