[sylpheed:34695] Re: Sylpheed is not downloading mail readed by other client

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:08:06 JST 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:39:20 -0300
"Aurélio A. Heckert" <aurelio at colivre.coop.br> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:22:33 +0000 (UTC)
> Walter Hurry <walterhurry at lavabit.com> wrote:
> >
> > Still preferable to use IMAP though IMO, which from what I have
> > seen is supported by every provider in the world except M$ Hotmail.

to include free yahoo mail accounts ;)

> That is a good approach, but i'm frequently off-line.

this is a answer/question: A - you can save a local copy of the messages
you need [all or by directory] with an IMAP account. Q- I used to do it
on Gnome/Evolution, but it looks like the feature to "save a local copy"
is not implemented in Sylpheed?

I don't know if you are running your own mail server or using a free
provider, but gmail/gmx both provide these services at no cost. Gmail
is more reliable for me (gmx has a policy of account canceling after 3
months without log-in). If you have permanent DSL connection, that's
not a problem though.

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>