[sylpheed:35013] Re: Request: Windows 7 Taskbar Extensions for Sylpheed

Ingo Strauch brack at the-one-brack.org
Sat Dec 31 22:31:17 JST 2011

Hi!

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:21:17 +0000 (GMT)
pn361529 at yahoo.com wrote:

> So, could you please integrate some appropriate Windows 7 Taskbar
> Extensions

I only use Win 7 at work and there we use Outlook, so basically I
wouldn't get benefits from this feature. Still I like it generally and
use it for various programs that offer more than "recent documents" in
those taskbar extensions.

So because I don't have Win 7 at home, how is the behaviour right now
when one hovers the mouse over the taskbar icon of Sylpheed? Just
standard window operations like "close"?

Anyway, I think the feature makes absolute sense on Win 7. And I don't
even really see a reason why this should be configurable if it gets
implemented. You need to hover your mouse over or right-clickt the icon
in order to see these extensions. Can't really see how that harms
someone who doesn't want to use it. The only reason I could understand
is that Sylpheed is intended as lightweight and for some reason
supporting the new Win 7 user interaction paradigm is seen as
heavyweight. And I say that as a Linux user since the late 90s ;-)

My 2 cents,
Ingo

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."