[sylpheed:35009] Re: Request: Windows 7 Taskbar Extensions for Sylpheed

pn361529 at yahoo.com pn361529 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 07:26:39 JST 2011

Hello,

> Von: Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org>
>
> Sylpheed only ever shows up in the tray on my machine (unless I'm
> composing or reading).  That's the way I like it.  No need to fill up
> other parts of the task bar with un-necessary clutter (it's full
> enough of other "stuff" already).
>
> Bruce

do you know/did you understand what taskbar "Overlay icons" for example
actually are?

Maybe the links from the OP would make you understand that better?

Why exactly would they be "clutter"? And why exactly would they "fill
up other parts of the taskbar" if they are just overlayed over the
taskbar button? ;)

So, for those users who would prefer to pin the Sylpheed taskbar button
to the Windows 7 taskbar, with taskbar overlay icons they could have the
taskbar button notify them about new mails for example. Which would
probably make the tray icon redunant for those users.

But it was not suggested to remove the option for the tray icon
feature. Especially considering that older versions of Windows than
Windows 7 do not support taskbar overlay icons.