[sylpheed:34981] Re: Request/suggestion: Please change/improve the behaviour of the new mail notification of the Sylpheed tray icon.

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Fri Dec 30 18:28:56 JST 2011

În data de Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:07:36 +0000 (GMT), pn361529 at yahoo.com a
scris:

> Please make the tray icon blink as long as the user hasn't clicked the
> tray icon or hasn't interacted with the main window after new messages
> arrived. In addition to that, please make the red letter overlay
> symbol display as long on the tray icon as there are still unread
> messages.

The tray icon, as it name says, has to do with _new_ mails, not with
unread mails. I find stupid to have to click the tray icon every now
and then to stop it blinking, even if I have taked a look at what new
mails have comed in.

Usually I never read completely all mails on all the lists I am
subscribed to, so if the tray icon "display as long on the tray icon as
there are still unread messages" it will stay red/blink/whatever
forever (except from time to time when I mark all read in all folders).

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro