[sylpheed:34762] Re: Font bug?

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Aug 29 13:20:03 JST 2011

Hello,

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:57:00 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Using 3.2.0b2/Win32.  I'm switching over from XP to Win 7 and noticed
> that the folder list in Win 7 takes up more room vertically than it
> did in XP.  Thinking of adjusting the display, I took a look at the
> Display font and the default is Monospace Normal 12.  In trying to
> change it to 10 or 11, Sylpheed chooses a different font no matter what
> I pick; i.e., if I choose monospace Normal 10, it flips to Batang Chag
> on OK (or Apply). When I tried to get back to monospace Normal 12, it
> chose Batang Chag again or another typeface. And any change seems to
> effect the messages only, not the rest of the display.
>
> To get back to the default, do I need to reinstall? When I initially
> choose Cancel in the dialogue box, thinking it would revert, it instead
> kept what showed at that moment, probably because I had it Apply.

Edit %APPDATA%\Sylpheed\sylpheedrc by any text editor.
Find and modify or rename the following line:

message_font_name=Monospace 12

Anyway, Monospace is an abstract font, and it will be automatically
replaced by any installed fixed-width font on display. It is
recommended to choose your favorite font.

To change the font of folder list, you have to create/modify gtkrc
file, or modify system-wide display property.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>