[sylpheed:34268] Re: Dynamic signatures

Per Danielsson pd at sics.se
Thu Oct 21 16:35:37 JST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:05:40 +0200
Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:44:24 +0400
> Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I  still can't make the signature generation work on
> > Windows. I have a trivial program that does  nothing
> > but  print a line with my name. In Sylpheed's signa-
> > ture settings I have set the path to the program  as
> > follows:
> >
> >   D:/\pascal/\sig/\sig.exe
>
>   Your backslash escaping is a bit weird to my taste, try using
>   D:\\pascal\\sig\\sig.exe instead.

Or simply
D:/pascal/sig/sig.exe

In most circumstances Windows will accept forward slashes instead of
backward slashes in file specifications. Using forward slashes makes
life easier, especially when you otherwise would have had to do
complicated quoting.

Cheers,
PD
Per Danielsson                          pd at sics.se
Swedish Institute of Computer Science, PO Box 1263, SE-164 29 KISTA, SWEDEN
N59.24.20, E17.56.53                    "Why not? Yeah."