[sylpheed:34255] Re: [Patch] Choose template from toolbar

Dennis Schulmeister sylpheed at windows3.de
Tue Oct 19 17:26:02 JST 2010

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:40:53 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

> I think that in most cases, a signature text will be inserted before the
> user starts editing.

I didn't think about that. In this case the behavior wouldn't change
because I simply check whether the text buffer is empty or not.

The reason why I created the patch is that I have four different
signatures which I share between mail accounts. So no matter which mail
account I use I need to choose between one of four signatures. One for
English mails, one for German mails and so on. The most simple way to
achieve this was to create four templates because each account can only
have one signature.

Usually I start with an empty message, insert one of the templates
and go from there. Thus the idea was born to select templates from the
toolbar and to skip the message box if the message body is empty.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Fax: +49 721/5978882 -  Mob: +49 152/01994400

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
Besides that: http://www.denchris.de - http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GnuPG KeyIDs: B8382C97, 01AD62DE>