[sylpheed:34251] Re: how can I extract at once attachments from several messages ? (somewhat offtopic)

Joachim Selinger selinger at bawue.de
Tue Oct 19 03:40:49 JST 2010

Hello Andres!

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:01:15 +0200
"Andres Bühlmann" <tastas at gmx.net> wrote:

AB> > I have a some messages with some attached images on them. I want to
AB> > extract all images at once, not to go to every message and save from
AB> > each. Is there a way (a program) to do that with the type of files that
AB> > Sylpheed uses ?
AB> >
AB> > I'm on Windows, but I don't mind to launch a live Linux and do the
AB> > thing on the SD card.
AB>
AB> On Linux, there's munpack. Just run it on all the message files in
AB> question.

Here is my action called "Save all attachments":

cd $HOME/tmp ; mhstore -auto -file %f

It uses 'nmh':
 This is the nmh mail user agent (reader/sender), a command-line based
 mail reader that is powerful and extensible.  nmh is an excellent
 choice for people who receive and process a lot of mail.

 Unlike most mail user agents, nmh is not a single program, rather it
 is a set of programs that are run from the shell.  This allows the
 user to utilize the full power of the Unix shell in coordination with
 nmh.  Various front-ends are available, such as mh-e (an emacs mode),
 xmh, and exmh (X11 clients).

 nmh was originally based on MH version 6.8.3, and is intended to be a
 (mostly) compatible drop-in replacement for MH.