[sylpheed:34244] [Patch] Choose template from toolbar

Dennis Schulmeister sylpheed at windows3.de
Fri Oct 15 07:45:22 JST 2010

Hello,

First let me just say hello, as I'm new to sylpheed and new to this
list. So I hope this is the right place to post a patch. :)

The attached patch adds a new menu button the compose window's toolbar
which lets the user quickly insert a template into a new message. If
the button's menu is opened a template can be chosen. If the button is
simply activated (without showing the menu) the first template is used
instead.

Also the patch slightly changes the behaviour of how a template is
applied. Normaly a popup window lets the user decide whether to insert
the template or to replace the entire message. IMHO this only makes
sense if there's already some text which would be lost. If the user
didn't enter a message yet, it should be safe to simply insert the
template.

Please let me know if there are any issues with the patch. Thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Fax: +49 721/5978882 -  Mob: +49 152/01994400

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
Besides that: http://www.denchris.de - http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GnuPG KeyIDs: B8382C97, 01AD62DE>