[sylpheed:34314] Re: 3 problems about Sylpheed

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Fri Nov 5 20:03:30 JST 2010

  Hello!

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:38:48 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hmm, Sylpheed actually clear temporary password when authentication
> fail. Maybe something strange thing is happening.
> Can you show the protocol log?

Here is a log of such an event:
########## Begin Log ##########
[12:53:59] POP3< +OK mPOP POP3 server ready <17345.1288954131 at ukr.net>
[12:53:59] POP3> USER v_2e
[12:53:59] POP3< +OK Password required for user v_2e
[12:53:59] POP3> PASS ********
[12:54:10] POP3< -ERR Access for user "v_2e" disabled. See
http://wiki.ukr.net/POP3 for details. ** LibSylph-WARNING: [12:54:10]
error occurred on authentication

** error occurred on authentication
[12:54:43] POP3< +OK mPOP POP3 server ready <80770.1288954108 at ukr.net>
[12:54:43] POP3> USER v_2e
[12:54:43] POP3< +OK Password required for user v_2e
[12:54:43] POP3> PASS ********
[12:54:53] POP3< -ERR Access for user "v_2e" disabled. See
http://wiki.ukr.net/POP3 for details. ** LibSylph-WARNING: [12:54:53]
error occurred on authentication

** error occurred on authentication
########### End Log ###########
  I'll describe what I did.
  I pressed a 'Remote POP3 mailbox' button on the toolbar. Then I typed
a wrong password in the dialog box appeared. Sylpheed tried to connect
to my mailbox and warned be about authentication failure. After that I
just clicked again on the 'Remote POP3 mailbox' button. This time
Sylpheed didn't ask me for a password, but instead tried to connect to
the server again. And of course, it failed again, since I haven't typed
a correct password.
  This happens with automatic mailbox checking too. And not only with
stable Sylpheed 3.0.3, but with Sylpheed 3.1.0beta3 too.

Regards,
Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e at ukr.net>