[sylpheed:33961] Re: Filter conundrum

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue May 11 20:11:13 JST 2010

On 05/11/2010 07:36 AM, IW wrote:
> Menurut penulis Gene Goldenfeld
>> Update: My post filtered to the Sylpheed folder, as it should, so my
>
> I have noticed issues with sylpheed filtering. For example, I have a
> filter that says
> if email address = x then move to folder Y
> if email address = y then move to folder Y
>
> several times over.
>
> I have a folder which is my daily archive of personal emails I send to
> family. So any time I email anyone in my family, collectively or
> individually, that outgoing email should go to that archive folder. About
> 80% it does. The rest of the time it does not. I have scratched my head
> and checked the filter multiple times but cannot see any problems. It just
> seems to be random! Whether on Windows or Ubuntu I see the same issue.
>
> IW

I am just answering IW here as I am not clear about Gene's problem,
and as there are some 'technical' suggestions here, I hope my 'novice'
suggestion is not out of place or misses the point; and if it does, I
apologize.

IW, have you tried using the conditions....
o if *any* of the conditions rather than
o if *all* of the conditions   (default setting)

and make additional conditions not just using
"if email adddress *from* = x " but also
"if email adddress *cc* = x "
'from" or 'to' but also using 'cc' ?
Some senders 'cc' not 'to' you?

I hope this helps.

Regards - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate