[sylpheed:33923] Re: SMTP auth problem

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:22:37 JST 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 15:07:38 +0200
Francois Barriere <francois.barriere at atmel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    we've been using Sylpheed for a while with a (standard) SMTP server,
> until recently... We switched to an Exchange server that only supports
> GSSAPI and NTLM authentication methods for sending mails, too bad!
>
> Is there any solution through some sort of SMTP proxy?
> Is there any plan to support the NTLM auth method in the (near) future?

I have no experience with this, but Exim (for example - I have no idea
about other MTAs) can apparently handle NTLM authentication on both the
client and server sides, so all you'd have to do is run an Exim
instance, configure it to do NTLM with the Exchange server, and then
point your Sylph(s) at the Exim instance.

This may help:

http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/63/

Celejar