[sylpheed:34054] Re: 10th Birthday (Re: Re: Sylpheed Digest, Vol 46, Issue 4)

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Wed Jun 9 18:32:30 JST 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:53:47 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:53:37 +0200
> Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:
>
> > Hiro san, would you consider improving the _process_ as well?
> > I mean, having a proper bug tracker and a more modern SCM could make
> > sylpheed development more collaborative, keeping you still as the
> > leadership of course.
>
> I don't think the current development style is the best, so I also want
> to improve it (SCM - do you mean CMS?).

I meant SCM, Source Code Management system, just another name for
Version Control System, sorry.

> As for BTS, I make an experiment with bugtrack plug-in of PukiWiki.
> But this system is very primitive and I think it is not a good choice.
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/wiki/index.php?Sylpheed%2Fbugtrack

Unfortunately I can't read Japanese (yet), so it's difficult to express
an opinion. However, I think the features needed should be: a way to
interface with mailing lists, and with the SCM you decide to use; trac
[1] has a good reputation but I have never used it myself yet.

I am moving this discussion to a new thread, ok?

Regards,
   Antonio

[1] http://trac.edgewall.org/

--