[sylpheed:34028] Re: Sylpheed Digest, Vol 46, Issue 4

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Mon Jun 7 04:21:51 JST 2010

  Hello everyone!

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 14:00:10 -0400
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:

> I agree that it should be configurable.  I'm a "fair" touch-typist.  My
> complaint about the "old diehard days" (I consider my self an old
> diehard, who WILL absolutely use the new feature) is that the tab
> behaviour was not "predictable" unless you know all the contents of all
> your address books.
  I'm absolutely agree with you. I touch-type with 10 fingers and
touching "Tab" key is almost nothing for me, but one definitely has
to know if there is the needed address  in the address book. And it is
very inconvenient when I begin to type the address, press "Tab' and
switch to the next field because there isn't such e-mail address in my
address book. So I'm going to use auto-completion, of course, but I do
also agree that there are lots of people who has already got used to
the "Tab" key. We must respect all the users, and thus my opinion is to
keep this feature optional. This is the most "universal" decision, I
guess.

  Regards,
  Vladimir.
-----