[sylpheed:33584] Re: can't save message to outbox

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Jan 20 13:40:21 JST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:30:40 +0100
richard lucassen <mailinglists at lucassen.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:57:45 +0900
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> > > And ... Yes the "Sent" folder exists.
> >
> > Can someone give me the console output with --debug option?
>
> Just saw this once while checking this mailinglist which might be
> related:
>
> Clicking the button with the "arrow down" symbol (Read next unread
> message) while Sylpheed is checking for new messages, gives a "can't
> display message". When the check for new messages is finished, the
> message is displayed normally.

This error will occur because current Sylpheed cannot handle multiple
IMAP commands at the same time. When Sylpheed is checking IMAP folders,
it communicates with the IMAP server, but Sylpheed cannot accept other
IMAP commands at the time (saving message to sent folder, fetching
messages, etc.).

Eventually, this problem should be solved, but there are two workarounds
for now:

1. Create local mailbox and save sent messages there (Account prefs -
Advanced - Folder - Put sent messages in)
2. Only send messages on idle state

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>