[sylpheed:33550] Proxy and IMAP(s)

Frank Lanitz frank at frank.uvena.de
Sun Jan 17 02:55:06 JST 2010

Hi list,

I need to reactivate an old topic that has been discussed before on
this list but wasn't able to find any solution or at least a hint like
"this will never being happen" ;)

As maybe already clear by the subject, goal is to connect to an
IMAPS-server using a proxy. In this case a proxy running lokal
accessing the TOR-network. For HTTP I did found the option and set it
to the local proxy:

~/.sylpheed-2.0> grep "proxy" *
sylpheedrc:use_http_proxy=1
sylpheedrc:http_proxy_host=127.0.0.1:8118

but obviously this is not getting applied to connection established via
IMAPS. Is there any chance to do so? How is the default solution for
such cases?

Thanks,
Frank
--