[sylpheed:33523] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta5 released

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Thu Jan 14 17:39:46 JST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:05:16 +0100
mike <mykey at mykey.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:22:15 +0100
> Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:10:40 +0100
> > mike <mykey at mykey.de> wrote:
> >
> > > I am mainly using imap accounts - for some reason sylpheed would
> > > rescan the accounts resulting in the loss of _all_ my color
> > > markings :-(
> >
> > Yes, color labels are not stored on the server and are therefore
> > pretty useless for IMAP accounts. At least for me. Labels set with
> > one client are not visible with others (home, work, web client,
> > etc) and are easily lost as you discovered.
> >
> > I should be possible though to store them on the server. I believe
> > there is something like IMAP server side tags / flags / labels and
> > e.g. colors set with Evolution are even visible in Thunderbird and
> > vice versa.
>
> Indeed there seems to be such a possibility for IMAP accounts

I did some testing. Thunderbird and evoluation use the flags $label1,
$label2, $label3, ... to store the colors on the server.

Sylphed already gets the flags from the server as can be seen in the
log:

[09:30:34] IMAP4< * FLAGS (NonJunk $NotJunk $label4 $label1 $label2
$label3 \Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)

So all what would be needed is to link the flags to the color label and
to set/unset the flag when the color label is added to/removed from the
mail.

> - I'd clearly vote for that feature ;-)

Me too. ;-)

> By the way - I tested a lot of email clients over the years and must
> say: For me syIpheed is the best - I simply love it mainly for it's
> speed and elegance.

I completely agree!

Manfred