[sylpheed:33509] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta5 released

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Thu Jan 14 06:22:15 JST 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:10:40 +0100
mike <mykey at mykey.de> wrote:

> I am mainly using imap accounts - for some reason sylpheed would
> rescan the accounts resulting in the loss of _all_ my color
> markings :-(

Yes, color labels are not stored on the server and are therefore
pretty useless for IMAP accounts. At least for me. Labels set with one
client are not visible with others (home, work, web client, etc) and
are easily lost as you discovered.

I should be possible though to store them on the server. I believe
there is something like IMAP server side tags / flags / labels and e.g.
colors set with Evolution are even visible in Thunderbird and vice
versa.

Manfred