[sylpheed:33736] Re: Gmail IMAP auto-config should automatically set up special mailboxes too
Michael A. Puls II
shadow2531 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:36:39 JST 2010
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:16:59 -0500, Michael A. Puls II
<shadow2531 at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, because the [Gmail] mailbox might be named [Google Mail] in
> europe and because other mailbox names might be localized, doing the
> above automatically can be difficult. But, Gmail has an XLIST extension
> just for this case so that you can always get the special mailbox names.
As an example:
openssl s_client -crlf -quiet -connect imap.gmail.com:993
. login username at gmail.com password
. xlist "" "*"
And, this is what you get:
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Inbox) "/" "Inbox"
* XLIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "[Gmail]"
* XLIST (\HasChildren \HasNoChildren \AllMail) "/" "[Gmail]/All Mail"
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "/" "[Gmail]/Drafts"
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "/" "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Spam) "/" "[Gmail]/Spam"
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Starred) "/" "[Gmail]/Starred"
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "/" "[Gmail]/Trash"
See, the \Inbox, AllMail, \Drafts, \Sent, \Spam, \Starred, \Trash?
That's how you tell which mailbox is which despite their localized names.
Copying a message to the Starred mailbox of course stars it. But, if you
add the \Flagged flag to a message, that'll star it too.
In a label mailbox, marking a message as \Deleted and then UID expunging
it will remove the label from that message. But, instead, you can just
move to the AllMail mailbox and it'll remove the label just the same.
And, as I previously mentioned, the Trash mailbox is the one labeled as
\Trash, not necessarily a mailbox in the root named "Trash".
More information about the Sylpheed