[sylpheed:33726] Re: Window positions

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Fri Feb 26 16:49:55 JST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:32:22 +0100, Per Danielsson wrote:

> 2. The "Compose" window keeps its size and position between sessions
>     _even if_ the display it was on when Sylpheed was last run is no
>     longer connected to the computer.

Sylphed has a long standing problem with multiple monitors. When I
connect a second monitor, for some reason Sylpheed always open on the
second one (perhaps not the first time I open Sylpheed, but the
second, since I open and close Sylpheed several time an hour).

Then after disconnecting the second monitor Sylpheed shows at random
position on the main display (probably the position that was on
second), but when I try to compose a new message it opens in nowhere
*for sure* – I have to close it from program bar and try again.

First I thought it is a GTK+ issue, but I have some other GTK+
ported applications where I never observed this behaviour.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro/