[sylpheed:33679] Re: [sylpheed-announce:00088] Sylpheed 3.0rc released

Tue Feb 23 08:26:36 JST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:00:13 +0100
richard lucassen <mailinglists at lucassen.org> wrote:

> > The internal version is already 3.0.0.
> > If there is nothing serious, it will be the final release.
>
> The LDAP search makes Sylpheed crash (beta8). After doing some
> random searches I can make Sylpheed crash. I have to go now, but I'll
> try to find out tonight or tomorrow a reproducible sequence to make it
> crash. It looks like an empty search or a simple <enter> must be part
> of the sequence.

Ok, it's quite reproducible for me (not always, but in 80% of the cases)

Tools - Addressbook - click the configured LDAP-server - enter three or
four random characters in the search field - press "search"-> Boom!

LDAP: OpenLDAP

Sylpheed-3.0.Beta8 on Debian testing.

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-ldap --enable-gpgme --enable-ssl
--enable-jpilot --enable-jconv --enable-ipv6 --enable-gtkspell
--enable-oniguruma --with-manualdir=/usr/share/doc/sylpheed-doc/manual
--with-faqdir=/usr/share/doc/sylpheed-doc/FAQ

Maybe someone else can reproduce this as well?

HTH,

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.