[sylpheed:33637] Address book question...

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Wed Feb 10 03:31:55 JST 2010

I'm having trouble deducing some logic related to the address book, no I
haven't looked at the code.

I have 2 entries in my address book.  One for "David D" and one for "David
F".

When I look in the address book, they are in alphabetical order, ie David D
comes before David F, but if I put dav into the "to" field while composing
a message, when I hit tab, they come out in the other order, David F first,
then David D, which makes no sense to me.

If I just type a D followed by a tab, all of the entries in my address book
that could match appear, but the order is, as near as I can tell, random (but
the same apparent randomness each time, I think).

Is this intentional? (I hope not), Can it be made "logical"? (I hope so)

Thanks!
Bruce

Sylpheed 2.7.0 on Fedora 10, Kernel 2.6.27, GTK+ 2.14.7, GLib 2.18.4