[sylpheed:33616] Re: can't save message to outbox

Sun Feb 7 06:32:18 JST 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:40:21 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > Clicking the button with the "arrow down" symbol (Read next unread
> > message) while Sylpheed is checking for new messages, gives a "can't
> > display message". When the check for new messages is finished, the
> > message is displayed normally.
>
> This error will occur because current Sylpheed cannot handle multiple
> IMAP commands at the same time. When Sylpheed is checking IMAP
> folders, it communicates with the IMAP server, but Sylpheed cannot
> accept other IMAP commands at the time (saving message to sent
> folder, fetching messages, etc.).
>
> Eventually, this problem should be solved, but there are two
> workarounds for now:
>
> 1. Create local mailbox and save sent messages there (Account prefs -
> Advanced - Folder - Put sent messages in)
> 2. Only send messages on idle state

Just an additional question Hiroyuki: I have used this very IMAP server
and complex folder structure for a number of years now using Sylpheed
1.06 and these problems never occured when using the old Sylpheed-1
version.

I understand that this is a rather complex matter, but do you have an
explanation why this occurs using Sylpheed-3? I skipped Sylpheed-2
(Sylpheed-1 worked too well ;-) so I'm not able to tell you how
Sylpheed-2 behaved in this situation.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.