[sylpheed:34345] Re: Sylpheed 3.1beta4/5 always open first unread message when selecting folder

Don Koch aardvark at krl.com
Sat Dec 11 23:38:55 JST 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:59:06 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:42:50 +0100
> Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > the beta4 and 5 seem to have introduced an annoying bug that causes
> > the first unread message to be always opened when I select a mail
> > folder. This happens disregarding whether I uncheck the corresponding
> > option in the preferences dialog box. Beta3 did not show this
> > behaviour.
>
> If I understand you correctly, Sylpheed has always done that whether on
> first opening or when there's an email in the folder marked unread.
> It's long been a peeve of mine and occasionally mentioned here (I'd
> prefer it went to new email).  There is an exception, but I'm not sure
> if I understand it correctly: if a folder has already been looked at,
> the focus on return goes to the last read email.

I'm running 3.0.3 and for me, it highlights the first unread in the
index of the folder - or last read if there are no unread items -
but doesn't open it. I don't think I've ever seen it open the first
unread mail when going to a folder.

In Common Preferences->Details->Interface, I have "Always open messages
in summary when selected" unchecked.

-d