[sylpheed:34344] Re: Sylpheed 3.1beta4/5 always open first unread message when selecting folder

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 11 07:59:06 JST 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:42:50 +0100
Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the beta4 and 5 seem to have introduced an annoying bug that causes
> the first unread message to be always opened when I select a mail
> folder. This happens disregarding whether I uncheck the corresponding
> option in the preferences dialog box. Beta3 did not show this
> behaviour.

If I understand you correctly, Sylpheed has always done that whether on
first opening or when there's an email in the folder marked unread.
It's long been a peeve of mine and occasionally mentioned here (I'd
prefer it went to new email).  There is an exception, but I'm not sure
if I understand it correctly: if a folder has already been looked at,
the focus on return goes to the last read email.

Gene