[sylpheed:33920] Re: More messages lost - a disaster...

J. Michael Fritch jmfritch at pacificstar.us.com
Fri Apr 30 12:23:06 JST 2010

A couple of things here:

You wrote: "...in the event that Sylpheed is really and truly deleting it from your
PC (note, I believe it's still there, you just can't find it)...." and that produces my
question: What happens to messages that Sylpheed deletes on download? Can they
still be viewed anywhere? Or where, if not _really and truly deleted from my PC_, should
I look to try and find them?

Now, the copy of this email that I am sending to you _directly_ includes a rather
interesting-looking .doc printout of what transpired when I first opened Sylpheed
today - and _after_ I had just moments before used another program to download
whatever new emails were waiting for download on the servers.

Clearly, there should not have been anything else to download at this point but
apparently, Sylpheed found something like 12 additional messages. All of these got
downloaded but again, not a single one of them showed up in my Inbox.

On a hunch, I went back to Configuration-->Filter Settings-->Rule 1 where, a couple of
weeks ago, I had added two more junk mail sender domains for deletion. Now this is what
I found when I clicked on Rule 1: the dropdown list of all entered domain names and, in
the third  to last box when scrolling down, one _blank_ box - no domain showing but maybe
the "+" mark with no domain name following it was causing "all" to get deleted.

Is that a possible scenario that makes sense with this program?