[sylpheed:33919] Re: More messages lost - a disaster...

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Thu Apr 29 23:24:42 JST 2010

None of what you said surpises me.  When I said "exit", I meant shut
down sylpheed.

I understand what you're saying about losing messages, but I'm not
aware of another way to find out what's going on.

A couple of things you might be able to try, depending on if your
service providers permit it, that might mitigate the apparent loss of
messages.

- use IMAP instead of POP.  That way the mail is still on the server in
the event that sylpheed is really and truly deleting it from your PC
(note, I believe it's still there, you just can't find it).

- continue to use POP but set it so that it doesn't remove messages
from the server immediately, but will only delete messages from the
server that are more than X days old.

This should probably go back "on list" in case another user
may have other ideas.