[sylpheed:33911] Re: auto-fill of address

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:13:47 JST 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:23:02 +0200
Thomas Faber <thfabba at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:45:05 +0300,
> Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:31:17 +0300, v_2e at ukr.net wrote:
> >
> > >   But still what about such people who uses "Ctrl+Shift" to switch
> > > keyboard layout? I'm not using this combination any more, but I did
> > > it in the past (just after moving from Windows to GNU/Linux) and I
> > > know many people who uses it right now.
> >
> > On Windows, Ctrl+Shift alone switches by default between keyboard
> > layouts (if several exists and if these are enabled) within the actual
> > keyboard language, but if Ctrl +Shift is then followed by any other
> > key, then the keyboard layout switching function is ignored.
>
> Uhm, guys. Unless I'm misinterpreting, this part of the discussion is
> based on false premises. Shift-Tab is the opposite of Tab - no Ctrl key
> needed to move back one item in the tab order. Ctrl-Shift-Tab doesn't
> even work in most programs (though it does appear to in Sylpheed).
> That said, Ctrl+Shift _is_ a weird combination for a global shortcut
> (though Christian's point makes it sound more sensible).

The reason I was in the habit of CTRL-SHIFT-TAB is because once the
focus is on the actual compose window, SHIFT-TAB will just move the
curson back one tab stop, and to get it back to the headers, you need
CTRL.  But you're right, as long as it's still in the header fields,
plain SHIFT-TAB will work.  But all this is pretty confusing ...

Celejar