[sylpheed:33884] Re: sylpheed 3.0.2

melodramus at online.de melodramus at online.de
Mon Apr 19 22:15:44 JST 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 11:32:21 +0200
melodramus at online.de wrote:

> hello
>
> i had lots of problems with 3.0.0, which i could only solve by deleting the old ./sylpheed-2.0 directory. things worked then but with 3.0.2 one strange behaviour came back. sylpheed complains about not being able to check the certificate of my provider every time i start a desktop session. accepting the certificate doesn't help. (...). seems that sylpheed can get confused easily. (...)
>
> one possible cause is that my hd was filled up 100% some days ago and i had to do backups. possibly sylpheed cut off a part of a file without warning and is now not able to repair it automatically or with the help of the user?

when the hd is believed to be 100% full by the system (though there may still be a hundred megs available) sylpheed seems to get into trouble and 'loose' parts of its state (widget configuration and other things.) after having cleaned up the hd, all old configuration is recognized again. i also found that the download manager of firefox becomes overly confused and unusable with the hd 100% filled up. this makes me believe that the problem sits in the linux hd driver not telling the truth about the available space. however, am not shure if sylpheed can work around that.

MeloDramus <melodramus at online.de>