[sylpheed:33219] Re: Freezes with 2.7.1+svn

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Sep 28 16:59:39 JST 2009

Hello,

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:03:14 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> since some days using the latest SVN version of Sylpheed, I experience
> some freezes from time to time.
> Freezing here means that th Sylpheed main window is blocked and
> doesn't respond anymore. There seems to be no CPU nor network usage.
>

> I'm working with a IMAP4 account using SSL and it happens more or less
> randomly, at least I didn't find a way to reproduce it reliably.
>
> It often happens after switching to a IMAP folder with new messages
> after checking for new messages.
> Attached is the debug log of just such a case.

I'm currently working on multi-threading implementation.
It is only enabled by ./configure --enable-threads, but it may affects
any other features with or without the option.

If you want stability, use 2.7.1 for now. If you want to test the buggy
code, you're welcome :)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>