[sylpheed:33351] Re: [Dual Boot Win XP / Ubuntu 9.10] - Install Sylpheed 2.6.0

IW iain at holuwon.com
Sun Nov 22 08:10:16 JST 2009

Mr. Nowhere's idea will work but it is a bit finnicky. Also, you
since you have to give permission for Ubuntu to access/load the
windows partition you cannot just run links as soon as you boot
Ubuntu. What I would suggest (particularly if like me you like to keep
things separate as a form of backup ; ie: the same mailboxes in 2
partitions) is to establish sylpheed in both Ubuntu and XP and then in
the OS which is transient (Not going to be your main OS) set email to
download but remain on the server.

I assume you know where your mailboxes etc are in XP?  doc settings -
YOU - application data - sylpheed.

The mailboxes will be in the mailboxes dir. Copy those files to your
home dir on Ubuntu as Mr. Nowhere says below.  The config files
(basically all the other sylpheed files found in sylpheed (one dir up
from mailboxes) copy to .sylpheed....

That folder may not be showing when you open your home dir in Ubuntu -
CTRL H will reveal them.  Or click on 'view' in the menu bar and scroll
down to where it says 'show hidden fields'.

Once you have sylpheed installed on both OS set XP to download but
leave on server and Ubuntu to download and delete off server.

This is a simple solution and ensures you have sylpheed in two separate
locations protecting you from data loss.

Good luck. If you have questions ask again

IW

Pada Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:53:23 +0100, "mr.somewhere"
<mr.somewhere at yahoo.fr> menulis email dengan judul ([sylpheed:33350]