[sylpheed:33345] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta2 released

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 05:19:12 JST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:04:30 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:32:19 +0100
> Pavlos Parissis <pavlos.parissis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:42 +0900
> > Hiroyuki Yamamoto <yamamoto at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Sylpheed 3.0beta2 has been released.
> >
> > Compiled fine on Debian Lenny.
> >
> > I get the following when I try to delete mail on GMail IMAP[1]
> >
> > ** LibSylph-CRITICAL: folder_item_move_msgs: assertion `dest != NULL'
> > failed ** LibSylph-CRITICAL: folder_item_scan: assertion `item !=
> > NULL' failed ** Sylpheed-CRITICAL: folderview_update_item: assertion
> > `item != NULL' failed ** LibSylph-CRITICAL: folder_item_move_msgs:
> > assertion `dest != NULL' failed ** LibSylph-CRITICAL:
> > folder_item_scan: assertion `item != NULL' failed **
> > Sylpheed-CRITICAL: folderview_update_item: assertion `item != NULL'
> > failed
>
> Please show the IMAP protocol log (Tools - Log window).
That was the only errors I saw, the rest was the normal stuff

> Does the 'Trash' folder (shown in trash icon) exist?
I do have a trash folder but not as "Trash" type but as a normal, when I make it to
be "Trash" type the deleted mail moves to that folder and not to the on set in the
"Account preference"->Advanced->"Put deleted message in".

Here the strange thing now, I start sylpheed with a Trash folder as normal, I delete
a message and get the mentioned error. Then I make the Trash folder to be "trash"
type and delete a message. That message ends up to trash folder and not the one in a
Imap. And then I make the trash folder a normal type and I delete a message, that
messages ends up to the trash folder!

> > Furthermore, when I compose a mail and sylpheed downloads mails, my
> > compose window gets unresponsive for few secs (1-2). So the new
> > threading works but not fully.
>
> If it is a POP3 account, maybe it is because file scan runs in main
> thread after receiving mails.
Yes I do have a POP3 account.

Sorry for the delay response,
Pavlos